Friday, March 11, 2011

writing assignment 2/ T. Nicholson

I think everyone should have a say if they want to live or die. I can’t believe that someone would even want to promote the abortion bill. I personally think this is very demented for someone to make such a choice on an individual’s life. I believe everyone has a right to life. A right to life simply means the right to live or the right to not be killed by another human regardless of the substance of the material or context. If this bill was passed, the doctors wouldn’t do anything to save the mother’s life due to pregnancy problems. The thought of that alone just seems irrational and would clearly eliminate the legal rights of women. Women should have individual rights when it comes to such a touchy subject. Now if a woman chooses to die in order for her baby to live, that is fine because it is her choice. The situation is different when the mother wants to live and the baby would kill her if it was born. The mother and baby rights are not equal. The abortion bill seems to read, “Out with the old, in with the new.” As dark as that sounds, it seems as if this is what the bill would apply if passed. I think women regardless of the circumstances of their term have a right to abortion. I am not saying that the mother couldn’t give the baby to a family member or an adoption agency, but it should be the mother’s choice if she wants to bring life into the world. It is the woman’s body not the government. I think babies have a right to life but only when the baby is viable and not in the embryo stage. Under all circumstance I think the government should not intervene with the mother’s choice. Both the mother and the baby have a life, but why should the government act as if it should decide who lives or dies. I agree with the pro-choice view on abortion rather than the pro-life view. To me it seems that pro-life viewers are forgetting that the women are alive too, and they believe that the baby has a right to life because the embryo is a person. I know religion plays a part in there views, but it seems like they are giving themselves power, even though God made humans with free will in the beginning. I think the bill should be thrown out because the idea is just crazy and should not decide what a woman should do with her body based of irrational views.

No comments:

Post a Comment